Sunday, November 30, 2008

The holidays are here!

Even though I didn't have my kids around I had a great Thanksgiving weekend. As usual, I was super busy! It gave me a chance to see friends and family I hadn't seen for awhile. I started the weekend off Wednesday night by going to see the movie Australia with Theresa. I loved that movie!!! It was beautiful.


The movie Australia received mixed reviews- I loved it!

After dealing with some things for church on Thanksgiving I drove to Sacramento. Kelly and the kids came along- since they had too many people for one car and we were all going to her mom and dad's house. It is fun that Kelly and her family live here in Sacramento. Sure made the drive more interesting! At Chris and Bill's we had a house full!! I have had many Thanksgivings with them so it was just like being with family. During the day I was able to talk with Ian, Brooke and Cami so I got my kid fix. Marcus's brother, Quillan, got the dribble glass so he was initiated into the family!! It is a Gum tradition- the new person gets the dribble glass-- we all do toasts with the water glasses... and we wait to see how the person with the dribble glass reacts when the glass they are drinking out of dribbles! Too funny.... He took it well! Bill deep fried the turkey- it was delicious!!


Bill did a great job frying the turkey.


Kelly with MJ and Bri with Ivy


Here we are feasting!!!


I got a turn at feeding and holding Ivy!


Nana Chrissie with MJ


Shannon and Jeff at dinner.

Friday was my crazy day. My sister, Susie, and her family were in the Bay Area with Pete's family for Thanksgiving. So we met for lunch in Pleasanton at a great restaurant, Stacy's. I always enjoy catching up with them. My nephews are wonderful guys. Drew is working now for Wells Fargo and Jack is getting ready to go to Italy for Study Abroad, through USC. We had a nice visit but all too short. Then I went to see Cami's friend, Monica. She has a 10 week old son- and is so precious! It was fun to be with them and see how well Moni is doing. Then I went over to the Hall's. I love Dan and Kathy's family so much. They had a house full too!!! There were 9 children and 11 adults there so it was a controlled (?) chaos!! Andre made a wonderful turkey soup that I enjoyed with them. So after a fun time at the Halls I went on back to Chris and Bill's.


Monica and Little Tony


Jack, Drew, Sue and Pete after lunch.


Kathy with her mom, Ione, and her granddaughter, Abby


Saturday I drove home and took Kelly's little boy, 18 month old MJ, home to his mom and dad in Sacramento. They had gone back home ahead to move into a new house. After getting home I went into to the office for few hours. Not really fun but necessary! And today was church... so much to catch up on! Visits on the phone--- and back to the grind tomorrow. But with the holidays upon us I don't mind!!

No comments: