Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another crazy weekend!!

Once again I have had a fun filled jam packed weekend! Friday night started off the weekend with Brooke, McKenzie, and Brynn staying the night with me! Brooke's friend,Sarah, and her little girl, Madison, came over for awhile too. McKenzie was in heaven having another little girl to squeal and laugh with! I loved having them here- it doesn't happen very often. Brooke doesn't like my cats--- and with the kids it is hard for them to be in the car for the 2 hr drive. So it is easier for me to go there usually.... But still - it was fun to have them here. Brynn loved the toys I had here. She is reaching for everything! Brooke even got a good run in by the American River- a running trail she used to run on 5 years ago.

Brooke and Sarah were roommates at UC Davis!

Saturday morning I headed off to San Francisco to attend a luncheon for Joanie's younger daughter, Kristen's, Alpha Gamma Delta Initiation Luncheon. Kristen goes to SFSU. Joanie couldn't make it up north to the luncheon so I had the honor of going in her place! Kristen is a beautiful young women. It was fun to meet her new sorority sisters. I remember when Kristen was 2 and 3 and used to walk everywhere on her tippy toes!!! Seeing her in her new college environment was a treat!!!


She loved the sweatshirt her mom sent up for her!


Kristen with her "Big Sis"

After the luncheon I drove back to Sacramento- made it just in time to get over to the church for our Chili Cook-Off. Never a dull moment... on the way to SF I was making calls only to find out that no one showed up to set up the tables and chairs. So I was dialing like a crazy lady to find someone to set up the tables. I am so grateful to have Tanja on the Activities Committee.. she solved the issue and got the place decorated too. The night was a huge success.... we had about 160 people. I didn't get to eat any of the chili, which is probably a good thing since I don't need the extra calories! We also had a dessert cook-off. So lots of food, people and fun!


Full house for the chili cook-off!


Cottage Park Ward had 15 chili entrants and 22 dessert entrants!

Then today after church I went over to Theresa's and she, Roni and I had another canning session!! This time we made apple butter!!!! We started with 42 lbs. of apples!!!! I could never do this on my own! But it was so fun with the three of us. So far we have made strawberry jam and apple butter. We plan to do Salsa or bread and butter pickles next! I am too tired to put my clean sheets on my bed tonight. That may not happen!!!!


Roni and Theresa getting ready to core the apples.



After 4 hours of coring, cutting, and cooking the apple butter I am now filling the jars.


We canned 62 jars!


Roni, Theresa and I are very proud of ourselves!!

No comments: