Monday, September 1, 2008

Can I have 3 more days off????

I hate it that my job interferes with my personal life!!! I have probably said that before but it's because I feel that way a lot! I had a fantastic 3 days and wish I had 3 more! Friday night I had fun meeting friends for dinner to celebrate Gail's birthday! Just a lot of girl talk and great food. We are all so busy and don't get to see each other much. Gail still has 4, soon to be 3, at home. She is so busy with the kids. It was fun to get out and visit with her. Happy Birthday Gail!!!!!


Noel, Gail, Marcia, Kim, Robin, and Allison

Saturday was another full and busy day. Roni , Theresa and I had planned for a couple of weeks to make jam together. Theresa has all the equipment and she knew what she was doing. Roni and I were the novices.... So we headed off to the Farmers Market to get the strawberries, and few other goodies!


Theresa excited about lemon cukes!


Roni checking out the potatoes...



When we got back to Theresa's we started the process of washing the strawberries and taking the stems off.



I was the strawberry masher!


Here I am cooking the strawberries, sugar, and pectin.


Roni and I got a good system down filling the jars.


Here Roni and Theresa are putting the filled jars into the cooker.


Boil 12 jars at a time for 10 minutes.


Four hours later!


Enjoying the fruits of our labor!!! Yummmmmmmm!

Later that afternoon I went to the Bay Area to meet Brianna and Courtney's new little girl, Ivy Rose. She is beautiful!!! Bri is doing great too.

Chris is staying with them for a few days. Congrats Grandma!!!!


Isn't she sweet????

I ended Saturday night by going out to dinner with Kathy and Dan then I stayed at their house for the night.


Dan and Kathy at Meiko's in Pleasanton!

I came home Sunday in time to go to church. The rest of the day was a quiet one for me. Then today, my THIRD day off, Marcia and I went to see The Traveling Pants of the Sisterhood 2. I really liked it!! Afterwards we had a late lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. That is the way a holiday should be spent! movie and a lunch! All in all- even though I didn't get to see Brooke's family I had a fun weekend....

3 comments:

brooke said...

Mom, I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend! You are really lucky to have so many friends. Cute post. I can't wait to meet Bri's baby.

Anayansi said...

that jam looks good liz. send me the recipe when you can. :)

Barbara Theobald said...

Okay my friend, you are having way too much fun without me.....I would love sometime to learn how to make jam. I can't believe I said that. Anyways, I'm glad you had such a wonderful, full weekend. Maybe you had to go back to work to rest.....just kidding.