Friday, September 5, 2008

Stand Up To Cancer


I got home late from work tonight to find that Stand Up To Cancer was on TV. It is amazing how the blogging world reaches out to people.... so I am doing my small little part. As a cancer survivor I am here to tell you it's a good cause!!! It was 12 years and 8 months ago that I had surgery for breast cancer. WOW- almost 13 years ago...really????? (I was really young then!!) I remember thinking "please God, let me live long enough to see my children graduate from high school.." Cami was only 12 years old then. Now I am greedy- "please God, let me live long enough to see my grandchildren get married!!!!"

I have said it before and I will say it again- None of us have enough money individually to solve this. But together our little amounts can add up to A LOT! I am so grateful for the technology and knowledge that saved my life. It has come even farther in the past 13 years... but not far enough. I think about the past 13 years and what I would have missed out on had I not made it through- and I cry. I am one of the lucky ones! My friend Ellen just had Breast Cancer surgery last week. So far she is doing great. My friend, Matt, lost his mom to breast cancer. She wasn't so lucky. I could go on and I am sure you could too. We all know people that have been touched by some kind of cancer. So go to this link and give $5 or $10 or more. PLEASE --- make a difference!!!!!

No comments: