Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Ian!!!!

This is a few days late.... I have lots of excuses- mainly due to not being able to scan pictures I wanted to put on the blog...So I figured I had better just post a tribute to my wonderful son and get on with it! Hard to believe it was 31 years ago he was the only baby in the nursery in Coronado Hospital. Just so true to his personality- he was born on his due date! He was such a fun little baby- he would go to anyone -not ever knowing what a stranger was! His outgoing personality has taken him far!

When he was a child and I would ask him about his day he would actually tell me about it! We had a routine when the kids went to bed I would go in and talk to them. I loved that he shared his day with me. He worried about school assignments to the point he couldn't go to sleep! He has always been interested in the world. I remember when he was 6 years old he wanted to know why I voted for Pres. Reagan!

He played sports and settled on soccer as what he would devote his time to. I loved watching him play. When he moved to live with his dad he had soccer that made it easy for him to make friends.

Ian has always been wise beyond his years. Not just academically but in the way he sees the rest of the world. His dad left when Ian was 9 years old. He became the man of the house. When I was working full time and going to school full time he was there for me to be with the girls in the evenings. I depended on him more than I should have. But he never complained.

From 97-99 he served a mission in Santiago, Chile. I missed him terribly. Back then they wouldn't let the missionaries do email so I waited for his letters. He was great at writing and I got my 4 phone calls over the 2 years. I couldn't have been more proud but those 2 years were the longest 2 years in my life! But I wouldn't have had it any other way either.

Now he has a beautiful wife and 2 darling little girls. He is practicing law in Dallas . He has the best work ethic of anyone I know. I cherish his calls on his way home from work- the only time I can talk to him without other distractions or interruptions! I hate that he lives so far away but he still keeps me involved in their lives. He is devoted to his family. Do I sound biased here??? Of course! But I am so grateful that he is my son. Happy Birthday Ian- Love you tons!!


The day Ian was sworn in as an attorney


Taking the girls to the park.


His beautiful family!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Sweet post Mom. Happy birthday big brother!