Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Chrissie and Bill!!!

How do I even begin to describe what Chrissie and Bill mean to me??? They have been with me through thick and thin, good and bad, happy and sad, ups and downs.... They have been married for 36 years and I have been friends with them for 24 of those 36 years. Their birthdays are one day apart from each other so every year its fun to celebrate them both at the same time. Since their birthdays are one day apart it makes them both Virgos. However, they are very different from each other in most ways! It's easy to see how different they are from each other! They say opposites attract - well in their case- it's true!!! Bill is tall, Chrissie is short, Bill is quiet, Chrissie is ---well, ummmmm, not so quiet, Bill likes to sit and read or watch TV, Chris can't sit still for 5 minutes, the list goes on. But then again- they are alike in a lot of ways too-- they both have strong family values, big hearts, and a crazy sense of humor!!!!

While all of our kids were growing up we spent every Christmas and almost every Thanksgiving with them. They know how to put on a holiday!! I can honestly say their kids are my kids and my kids are theirs. I am so fortunate to have such endearing friends. I have a lot of friends that I care so much about. I have a few that I would trust my life to and they are on that list. Thanks for always being there for me and my children. I love you both!


At their birthday dinner 4 years ago!


Chrissie and Bill with grandson, MJ.

3 comments:

brooke said...

I love you Chris and Bill! You are so special to me. I don't know what I would have done without you over the years. You are a wonderful blessing to me and my family. Happy Bday...you are getting old! :)

Anonymous said...

That was a very sweet blog Liz. You are such a good friend and I am so happy to have you as my 2nd mom!

Shannon said...

Oh Liz,

How thoughtful of you to write that. Gosh, I love you so much!
You warmed my heart!

Your daughter, ;o)
~Shan