Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I love 3 day weekends! It is amazing how the 3rd day off work makes such a difference in how I feel! I went to Brooke's Friday night. Evan was out of town for the weekend so it was just Brooke, McKenzie and I. As usual I loved hanging out with them. Brooke is working on the potty training for McKenzie. For the most part she is doing so great!!! This was a "Get ready for the new baby" weekend. It was so fun looking at all the baby clothes that Kenzie used to wear. As usual Kenzie was very entertaining!!I came home Sunday so that I wouldn't have to deal with the Monday traffic.


McKenzie loves to look at pictures on the computer.


All ready for church!


One last picture of Brooke and Kenzie before I left.

Since I got home Sunday evening I was able to go to a barbecue at my friend Denise's today. She and her husband have a gorgeous home here in Sac. I work with Denise and there were other friends from work there too. Denise is the one at work that always arranges our pot lucks. She is a fantastic hostess and organizer and today was no different. Great food and fun visiting with everyone made it a great afternoon!


Denise cooking Tri-Tip and Chicken Ka-Bobs!


Denise and her husband, Chip


Judy and her husband, Ken


Collene and her grandson, Aiden


Jamie and Kelly

But the day was still not over for me! I was the first one to leave the party because I had another birthday gathering to go to! I made my way to mid-town Sacramento to meet other friends at Mikuni's. It's a great Japanese-Sushi restaurant! It was Brandon's birthday. He is my friend,Diana's, cousin. Many times he has joined us for our Monday night dinners. I met his girlfriend tonight. They are a cute couple! I stayed safe with Chicken Teriyaki but everyone else had all the different kinds of Sushi and Sashimi. They are much braver than I am!! So once again a gathering of friends made for a fun evening.


Brandon and Shelene


This sushi is called Japanese Mafia!


Diana loves all the weird sushi!


Brandon's sister enjoying sashimi!

OH WELL- back to the grind tomorrow. The good news is - this is only a 4 day work week!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Liz-
I love the background on your blog. I watched the video of your grand-daughter. She is very cute. Josh requested to watch it two times. I'll add you to my list!
Thanks for the fun camp out!
Ashley

team-mills.blogspot.com