Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

This weekend was a fun one. I love Fridays because I know I have the whole weekend ahead of me. I went shopping Friday night and just ran errands. I love to browse but never have the time- so I spent a lot of time browsing..... Saturday I went to a bridal shower for a friend's daughter. It was so fun- we all met at a ceramics place- and we each painted a dessert plate for the bride. So she ended up with 12 personalized dessert plates! She already had a normal bridal shower so this was something different! After the shower I drove over to Brooke and Evan's. It's a long drive but I never mind. As usual, I had fun there with the family. McKenzie is at a stage where she is aware of scary things- like witches! After Brooke and Evan went to see the play, Wicked, a couple of weeks ago, she has been interested in the music and the pictures in the program they brought home. Anyhow- you will see what I mean by the video-pretty funny!


I had a great Mother's Day- I went to church with Brooke, Evan and Kenzie. I talked to Ian, Anayansi, Reagan , Jenna and Cami. I also got a sweet call from Shannon, who is like a daughter to me. Then I talked to Leigh and Chrissie. I got homemade pictures from the little girls, and other great goodies from my kids. Being a Mom is so wonderful and being a grandma is the best! I missed not seeing Reagan and Jenna in person but it was great to talk to them. By the way, Reagan got her ears pierced!! What a big girl she is. I am so thankful for what fantastic mothers Brooke and Anayansi are to my grandchildren! They are both so patient and loving. I know I have written about them and what great mothers they are- but on Mothers Day it is especially appropriate to let them know how much I love and appreciate them both for the hard work they continually do in raising my precious little granddaughters!


Happy Mother's Day Anayansi!!


Brooke, Evan and McKenzie on our way to church on Mother's Day.


Gramma and Kenzie on Mother's Day

One more note on Mother's Day- I appreciate Cami and miss her so much. She is a grown woman and lives 3,000 miles away, soon to be 7,500 miles. But she still lets me be a mom, or at least does a great job at humoring me and letting me think I am having a mother's influence on her! I am so into being a gramma--- but Cami lets me still be the mom sometimes. She does just fine without me but I still like to think that my grown children need my opinion from time to time. I love you and miss you Cami!


Cami in NY this weekend!

2 comments:

Camille said...

Mom, I am so lucky to have you as my mother. You are the world's best mom and I will always need your opinion and advice! The video of Kenzie made me laugh so hard :) and that is the cutest picture ever of you and Mckenzie. I miss you all more than you'll ever know!

Anayansi said...

Thanks Liz! You are so sweet. We love you and really appreciate all that you do from us.