Thursday, February 25, 2010

What a day!

I had a great birthday! It actually started earlier in the week when I got a great recipe book in the mail from Leigh. Then the phone calls started. Leigh called first! Then I went to dinner last night with Marcia, Tiffany, and Diana. We went to Bucca de Beppo. Lots of good food and fun conversation. Today was great!!! It started with being sung Happy Birthday to in Swedish by Cami! Goodies at my desk including the biggest balloon I have ever received, a plant, some toys, a beautiful purse!!!, lunch with friends, then cake at work in the afternoon. I also received some great emails, lots of messages on Facebook and more phone calls. I loved hearing from all of my granddaughters! I really do cherish the friendships I have. It is hard living alone and being so far away from my children and grandchildren. I don't think I could handle it if it weren't for my friends and other family! With all the heart ache that has happened the past few months that each of my children have experienced in different ways-- I am extremely grateful for the life that I have and all the people in my life. I look forward to the next 58 birthdays!















2 comments:

Camille said...

Yay! Happy birthday again Mom :) That purse you got looks super cute btw!

brooke said...

Yeah! I want that purse too!! :)
Happy Birthday Mom. So glad your friends and coworkers took good care of you today. Can't wait to celebrate this weekend. We love you. There really is no better mom or grandma on the planet.