Monday, September 7, 2009

Swedish cheese


The Swedes have a custom of eating cheese with just about every meal. They put it on the table with Flatbread. I love it! So when I got home--- I decided to get some and do the same thing. Especially since Brooke and her family were coming this weekend, I knew she would love it too. But finding the cheese is a challenge. Swedes have a whole section in the grocery store just for the big blocks of cheese. My deli doesn't have anything that compares. Finally when I went to Sam's club- I found "Swedish Fontina Cheese". So I bought it. Then had to find the cheese slicer and the flatbread. Well, I found the slicer. But haven't found the flatbread. I know it's out there. Just haven't found it yet! I found flatbread crackers for now. But in the meantime---- I like to relive the memories of being in Sweden.... not to mention-- I really like the cheese.

2 comments:

alfrhnsby said...

yes ..ok
very Nice...!

http://alfrhnsby.blogspot.com

jamie said...

Love it Liz! You know where you should look? Try Cost Plus, World Market. They've got all those fun international goodies... :) Save me a slice, I'll come claim it in like 16 months...