Sunday, August 10, 2008

Two Weddings and a Baby (showers, that is...)

Is it just me or is it that time of year for showers???? This weekend I went to THREE showers. I had fun connecting with friends and family.... I am so fortunate to have the friends and family that I have. Because of them I am never lacking for something to do!! I started off Saturday going to a shower for a friend from Pleasanton's daughter, Cheryl. I taught Cheryl in Young Women in church. Hard to believe she is grown up enough to get married!! I couldn't stay for the whole shower- I was off to San Jose for my cousin, Mike's, daughter, Lyda's bridal shower. That was fun too- Lyda is so cute- her mom came out from Houston for the shower so I enjoyed seeing Zulma too. I also knew Lyda's step-mom, Ming, and her sister-in-law, Nicole. There were a lot of people and I had a great time even though I only knew 4 people there. After the shower I drove up to Brooke's to get a visit in with McKenzie and Brynn. There is no way I could go to the peninsula without driving up to see the girls. They were getting ready to go out of town so I didn't stay long... but long enough to build a few Leggo houses, watch an episode of Little Einsteins, and fix Kenzie some dinner! Brooke and Evan even had a chance to go out for some sushi! So then I drove over to Chris and Bill's for the night. It was great to see them too. We watched some of the Olympics! Sunday afternoon I was off again-this time to a baby shower for Monica. That baby will not need anything for the next year at least!! She got so many great things! Her husband was there too- it was fun to see them opening some of the gifts together. I also felt like Cami was there in spirit so it was comforting for me to be there with Monica. Many of my friends asked me again why I don't just move back to the Bay Area- I am there so much.... good question....


Cheryl and her mom, Sue


Friends at Cheryl's shower


Lyda and her mom, Zulma


Lyda and friends at the shower


Visiting McKenzie and Brynn!


Monica opening gifts at her shower


More goodies for Moni!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Wish I could have been there for all the fun. I talked to Monica and she said it was really nice to have you there at the shower. Love you!