Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Overwhelming Schedule!!

I need to slow down but I don't see how or when that will happen! I'm not really complaining..... but I have to admit right now I am exhausted! This past week has been crazy busy! In the past week, I went to work, of course, out to dinner with friends in Sacramento. On Friday I went to the Bay Area and spent the night at Chris and Bill's. Saturday I went to a bridal shower with Cami for her friend, Monica, at Wente Brothers, then out to dinner with Kathy, Dan, Ben, Brittany and Baylee. After dinner Cami and I went over to Brooke and Evan's to stay the night. Sunday I took Cami to San Francisco airport and after dropping her off I went to Ben's college graduation party at Kathy and Dan's. Then I drove home to Sacramento late Sunday night. Monday I had dinner with Marcia and Tiffany, and tonight I had friends, Bill and Leigh, over for dinner. Tomorrow I am driving back to Pleasanton for a funeral. A friend's daughter passed away from cancer-and she was a young mother with a 4 year old daughter of her own. I can only imagine the sorrow her parents are feeling. They have the comfort and knowledge of the Gospel. But I know they will miss her terribly.

With all this going on we are sitting on pins and needles waiting for Brooke to go into labor! She isn't due for 2 more weeks but McKenzie was 8 days early so I have a feeling it will be any day for baby girl #2. In addition to all this I want to go to San Diego this weekend for my friends, Rick and Tracy's, daughter's wedding in Coronado. I am still not sure if I am going. There are flights at least every hour from San Diego to get back up here in a hurry if I need to so we'll see!!! Also with all the driving around last weekend, we also had to deal with the news of my kids' grandpa passing away in Salt Lake. He was a good man. My dad passed away when I was in my early 20's so Steve's dad, also named Steve, was like a father to me for many years. I am really sad that I can't go to the services in Salt Lake but I can't get back in a hurry if Brooke goes into labor. Ian is going to represent us.

I loved being with my girls this past weekend. Cami is off to live in Stockholm! She loved her year in New York but her heart is in Sweden so that is where she needs to be. She got there safely- just in time for a rain storm! She will be back in California to visit in 4 weeks for Monica's wedding and to see her new niece.

Stay tuned for the latest update. I wish I could just retire and travel ! I hate that my job interferes with my personal life!!! But for now I will continue to drive back and forth to the Bay Area and fly to Texas and hopefully Sweden in the near future!!


Cami and Monica- friends since 2nd grade!


Monica opening her gifts!



Congrats to Ben, Brittany and Baylee!!


McKenzie and her cousin, Jack, at Ben's party!

2 comments:

brooke said...

great post mom... you are super busy. I really hope you are around when I go into labor. We don't know what we will do without you :) Kenzie needs you! I am sure it will work out just fine. Have fun in SD this weekend. I will keep you posted.

Lastly, please remove the picture of me, Kenzie, and Camille on the front porch. It is the worst pic I have ever seen of myself. HAHA. Please please please choose better ones than that silly. Its not easy for a girl at this stage in the pregnancy game to see pics of herself on the web.

Liz said...

Just for you Brooke- I took the picture out- even though I liked it!