Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Brynn!!!

I am a gramma again!! My 4th granddaughter, Brynn Elizabeth, arrived Sunday morning the 22nd!! She is so precious. Brooke wasn't due for 12 more days... so I thought I had time to go to a wedding in Coronado. Silly me.... I really should have known better since McKenzie came early too. But I was just hoping that this one wouldn't be even earlier. I had a great time at the wedding and got to see a lot of friends from high school. But later that night Brooke called me to tell me she thought she was in labor. I could tell by her voice that she was. I was so frustrated being down south and not able to drive right over. Evan's brother came over to their house to stay with McKenzie. I got on a 6:45 am flight to Sac and then drove to their house. I was there by 10:15 am. I got McKenzie from Boz and we went to the hospital to meet her new baby sister!! She is a tiny one- even smaller than Kenzie was- 6lbs.3oz. Brooke did so well- she was at the hospital under 2 hours. Her epidural wasn't given to her in time and didn't do anything to help!

Everyone is home now. Evan will be off work for 2 weeks. I am going back to work tomorrow and will come back when Evan goes to work. Their little family is beautiful! Kenzie is so cute with her baby sister. She constantly wants to kiss her, give her something or hold her! They thought McKenzie was a challenge. Welcome to the world of 2 children!! Once again the paradigm changes- and all for the better!







3 comments:

Rachel said...

Very exciting! She is beautiful. You are a lucky grandma to have such beautiful granddaughters ... but where are the boys? You won't know what to do if you ever get a grandson!:)

Tell Brooke "Hi" from us. We missed seeing her at Grandpa's funeral, but it's a good thing she stayed put. She did a great job. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. She is just beautiful. Sure wish I could she her in person. Maybe one of these days....

Anonymous said...

oops...should be "see her"