Sunday, March 30, 2008

My List

I was inspired by Cami's blog..... Her pet-peeves-me-not! It's true that we can very easily think of the things that tend to annoy us- but it is more important to think about the opposite -- things people do that I appreciate. My list has changed as I have gotten older, of course. So I hope she doesn't mind that I copied her idea but here is my list of Peeve-Me-Nots:

-People that remain calm when the situation is tense.
-Phone calls from friends and family when I don't expect it.
-An attentive and responsive waiter.
-Young people that look you in the eye when you talk to them.
-A short opening and closing prayer.
-Companies that have people answer their calls rather than the never ending IVR (Interactive voice response).
-People that leave the room when they get a cell phone call.
-AND YES- I agree with Cami- people that chew gum with their mouth closed!

2 comments:

Camille said...

Good list mom. I laughed out loud when I got to the IVR one...I do know you hate screaming into the IVR :)

brooke said...

Good list. a Good waitor/waitress is hard to come by these days..sad. And so is a short opening or closing prayer but I totally agree!! :)
Nice list. Its fun to picture you yelling into the phone too. I can just hear you huffing and puffing. Love you :)!!