Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Normal Week

I have had an interesting past week. The highlight of the past 7 days was that my friends, Bryan and Lisa, had their baby, little Logan. What a cutie he is! Lisa was scheduled for a C- section and went into labor ahead of schedule. I had the honor of staying with their 2 year old while the family was busy at the hospital welcoming Logan. Congrats to the Wohlers Family!

Baby Logan, 7lbs.,7oz.

The next night I worked at the Sacramento Temple. I only work there 2 nights a month so it isn't too demanding.

Saturday night was my ward's fundraiser for the Youth Camp. Being Activities Committee Chairperson- I was in charge of the dinner for 100+ people. We had the traditional spaghetti, salad and garlic bread. Everything went really smoothly- I have a great committee. After dinner was the dessert auction. I am so mad at myself for forgetting my camera- I wish I had been able to take pictures of some of the cakes. They were absolutely amazing!

Then Sunday was another great day--- after going to church I drove to Pleasanton to spend the evening with Dan and Kathy and their kids and grandkids. Everyone but Mike, Laura, and Abby were there. Brooke, Evan, and McKenzie came over too so we had quite a house full!! Dan and Kathy's kids all came together for Anna's birthday. It was so fun to see everyone and have all the children together- McKenzie joined in playing with everyone too. So I had a very fun weekend!

Kathy and grandson, Charlie, Missy's son



Mea, unhappy Baylee, and McKenzie



Christian, Jenny's son



Wendy with Mea, Brooke, Ben and Evan

Monday evening was my usual dinner with my Dining Diva Friends, Marcia and Tiffany. We missed Diana this week. Marcia made corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day..... very yummy! Tuesday evening I was at my friend, Judy's. I helped get her up and running on the internet. It was a fun night with her and her kids, David and Hailey. Tonight I went visiting teaching! So you can see I have been very busy!! Work has been really stressful but my real life is more important and helps me keep my priorities in line. I need to stay busy and it hasn't been too difficult to manage that lately!!!

1 comment:

brooke said...

Mom, its amazing to see how loved you are. You help out in so many ways and have so many friends that call on you. I am happy when you are busy too! We miss you and look forward to seeing you soon! McKenzie will go through withdrawals if not.