Sunday, March 9, 2008

Dolphins, Tigers, Elephants, and Roller Coasters!


Yesterday was a blast of a day! I met Brooke, Evan and McKenzie at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo. It was Opening Day and the weather couldn't have been more perfect!! For those of you that follow Brooke's blog too will read her version I'm sure -so I won't tell some of the details that I'm pretty sure she will! For Opening Day it wasn't very crowded. For all the rides there was hardly any or no wait. We watched Evan go on a couple of roller coasters! Kenzie is too little, Brooke being pregnant can't go, and I am just plain terrified of them. We all went on Thomas the Tank Train ride, Evan and Kenzie went on the children's helicopter ride, Brooke took her on the flying frog ride, and I went with her on some spinning and flying little kid ride. She was quite the trooper!!!! But the most fun was the up close and personal session with the dolphins that we paid extra for. Brooke and I went in there with McKenzie while Evan took pictures but it was all about her- she fed the dolphin some fish, got to rub his back and pat his nose , throw a ball to him, and dance with him. So cute!!! Then we went and checked out other animals- we stood right next to an elephant while they gave him a shower!, we saw the tigers, the camels, the giraffes, a few other animals. We did all that without McKenzie taking a nap too!! She finally fell asleep in the stroller for a 20 minute nap at the end of our stay. Brooke was a trooper too being pregnant. However, she is still running so she is great shape. But it was a long day and I was concerned about her. All in all it was a great day.

It was half way between both of our homes so it was nice to only drive half way and I still got see them. It was especially nice since before I left Sacramento I paid $50 to fill my gas tank!!!!!!! Can you believe these gas prices?????? I remember when I bought my Accord I filled it with $23. Now it costs $50. Another good reason for me to just move back to the Bay Area.... now if I could only sell my townhouse for a decent price.....


, McKenzie is the pilot and Evan is her co-pilot!



Do you see Evan up there?

Meeting Bella!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
brooke said...

mom- delete the comment before mine

brooke said...

We had such a fun time with you! It was a perfect day. It was just what we all needed actually. Sun and family fun. Love you! McKenzie misses you.