Sunday, March 23, 2008

My Easter Weekend

For not seeing any of my kids or grandkids- I had a great weekend! I went to the Bay Area Friday night. It was Brianna's husband, Courtney's, birthday. Courtney is a great guy and so much fun. He and Brianna are expecting their first baby in Sept. There was a fun dinner at Casa Orozco in Livermore with about 25 people to celebrate his birthday. Afterwards I spent the night at Chris and Bill's. We stayed up too late as usual but well worth it!

Courtney on his 31st birthday!

Saturday morning I had brunch with other friends, Kathy H., Kathy C., Lisa, and Christy. At one time we all served together in Young Women's and the bond is still there! We have a tradition of doing breakfast in honor of each other's birthdays. This one was for Lisa and my February birthdays. As usual, everyone had hilarious stories to tell. Our brunch ended up lasting 2 1/2 hrs which is typical for us! I especially look forward to the birthday cards- it has become quite a competition to come up with the funniest cards. I can go months without seeing these friends and when we get together it is like we saw each other yesterday!!! I love them and cherish these get togethers.


Lisa and me with some birthday goodies!


Me, Lisa, Kathy, Kathy, and Christy

After the brunch Kathy and I spent the day shopping. She treated me to some birthday surprises. We met Dan for lunch, then shopped some more!!! We had fun browsing in antique stores and galleries too. That night we went to dinner- Dan, Kathy, Ben, Brittany, their little one, Baylee, and me. It was to celebrate Ben finishing school at Cal State Hayward! What an accomplishment for him! He has been working full time and going to school full time with a family. Congrats to Ben!!!!! I love being with their whole family. They are so fun and so special. This morning I went to church with Dan and Kathy. I always enjoy going to church in Pleasanton- cause I get to see friends I haven't seen in awhile.


Dan and Kathy on our way to church.

After church I went over to have Easter barbecue with the Gum clan. It was great to be with them all. Little Marcus Jr. was the center of attention of course! The food was wonderful, the weather was beautiful and the friends are precious to me.It was such a great way to end this fantastic weekend!


Chrissie and Bill with grandson MJ


The Gum Family

So in 2 days and 2 nights I ate in 3 restaurants, had a great barbecue, went shopping, spent time with wonderful friends, and enjoyed the amazing spring weather we are having. Pretty good deal, huh?!

2 comments:

Barbara Theobald said...

Okay, seeing all my great friends together made me real homesick for those Pleasanton days. What a great friend you are Liz to all of us. I can't measure up. I just feel blessed to have you still in my life. Love, Barb

Liz said...

Barb- Our breakfast get togethers aren't the same without you!!! Miss you tons! Love-Liz