Sunday, November 15, 2009

Starting the countdown....

The past 2 weeks have been busy busy as usual... Last weekend I was with McKenzie and Brynn. Brooke and Evan were able to go to the temple during the day. So, I joined Chris and Bill with their grandson, MJ, and Brianna with her little one, Ivy (another of Chris and Bill's grandchildren). We all went to Super Franks! It is like a bigger and updated Chucky Cheese. Only more expensive!!!! But the kids had fun. By the time we got out of there I was exhausted. It was fun to watch the kids having fun. Saturday night after Brooke and Evan got home we ended up staying in. I love just being at their house and playing with the kids. Sunday after church I headed home and took MJ with me to get him back to his mom and dad's in Sacramento. That 2 year old can talk and sing!!! He kept me company the whole way home!


MJ and Kenzie having fun with the cars


Brynn loved the cars!!!


Bri and Ivy


MJ is such a serious kid- but he really had fun on this car!


Kenzie had fun with the puppets!


Short video of Brynn- she can only go backwards in this car!


Brooke and her girls before church

During the week I worked and also got my visiting teaching done! Usually I wait until the end of the month but with Thanksgiving coming I wanted to make sure I got it done early. I love having Robin as my partner for the visiting teaching. She is so fun. I have friends here in Sacramento but not too many reallllllly good friends. My closest friends are still in the Bay Area and Southern CA. That is really my fault. I need to make more of an effort with my friends here. But I am always gone! I am either working or in the Bay Area. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate my friends here.

This past weekend was one of the few where I really had time for myself. I had to prepare to teach my RS lesson Sunday. I had a great Skype conversation with Cami! I went downtown to the Capitol building for a project you will hear about later. Other than that I was able to get some Christmas shopping done. I always plan on getting it done early- maybe this will finally be the year. But somehow I doubt it! The crowds were already getting to me! And it isn't even after Thanksgiving yet. So I will continue to do it in small doses. 39 days and counting!

No comments: