Sunday, November 1, 2009

Here come the holidays.....

I never get too excited about Halloween. I did break down and go to a party a week ago! Friends from work dressed up soooo cute! I wanted to see everyone dressed up--- so I put a bunch of numbers on my sweater and went as "Someone you can count on". I know- I am a dork. But I'm not into the dress up thing at all! It was fun to be with friends and see everyone else though. For work we didn't do too much- we had a pot luck and a few brave souls dressed up- Yvonne was the best! There were lay-offs announced again at work but no one in my group was affected. I feel like the cat with nine lives and I am on number 7 or so!!

Chris and JD at Denise's Halloween party last week!


Bryan and Lisa at Denise's party! Bryan was Drew Brees and Lisa was Bumblebee!


Yvonne was a cute Raggedy Ann at work.


Judy was serenaded by Elvis!

Brooke and her family went to Fresno this weekend. I had a lot to do to catch up with at home. Talked to some good friends on the phone, went to get my flu shot, read a great book, and I even did some Christmas shopping!! They didn't need me at the church party after all so I went to the movies with Ronni-- and we saw Michael Jackson's "This Is It!" It was surprisingly really good!! I loved the music, I loved the dancing. He seemed almost normal in the movie! Such a sad story when you see all the work that went in to the concert and how close they were to the show. Then it didn't happen. Anyhow- the movie was great... I even cried at the end. What a surprise, I never cry at movies! =)

But today is the first day of November- and I am very nostalgic. The holidays are officially coming now. I miss my kids. I miss my grandkids. I miss my extended family. I just want to retire, so I can go be with them. I can't though. So I will get up and go to work tomorrow. I really am fortunate to work with people I care about. I just miss my family. I keep waiting to win the lottery. We play as a group at work. So whatever we win divided by 17 won't be a big fortune but it would sure help towards my retirement!! In the meantime- I will do my best to talk to my family and friends, and be mindful of how blessed I am. I will put my game face on.

No comments: