Monday, November 23, 2009

Being Thankful

zwani.com myspace graphic comments
Twitter Backgrounds

I'm not creative enough to come up with new unique things to talk about---- so in the spirit of Thanksgiving..... I want to let you all know how thankful I am for all that I am, all that I have, all that I know, and all whom that I know...... I truly have so much to be grateful for. My family is my whole life, my whole purpose for being. I am so grateful that in spite of all the mistakes I have made in my lifetime I am still so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. I worry that God is going to realize that my blessings really outweigh my adversities and he will think he needs to put more on the light side of the scale! So SSSSHHHHHH!

The older I get the more easily I cry, and the more easily I laugh. I have a different perspective to appreciate the small things. I find I am much more patient in my old age! Things that used to really frustrate me don't really anymore. I do admit though there are still a few things that push my buttons but for the most part I have really mellowed! I really appreciate the saying "If I knew then what I know now......" so true!!!

I am grateful for technology. I love that I can put two little buds in my ears and escape to a place where I can listen to my music and dream. I love that I can type on a keyboard and in an instant I can see my daughter's beautiful face and hear her voice from 7,000 miles away. I love the little box in my purse that rings while I am working at my desk- and I can talk to my granddaughter - changing my mood in a second to one that makes my day!

I am so grateful for my health. Since 1996 I have not taken my health for granted for ONE SECOND. I learned to be pro-active when it comes to my health. I am not afraid to ask for a second opinion, to insist on a test, to ask why or what if.

I am so very grateful for a Heavenly Father that has never left me alone- not for one minute. He has guided me, strengthened me, and encouraged me. He has blessed me with children that have far exceeded my every hope and expectation. He has blessed me with 2 son-in-laws and one daughter-in-law that I love very much. He has blessed me with the most precious granddaughters I could ever ask for. I look forward to more grandchildren to bless my life.

My life is far from perfect............ the list of things I wish I could change is a long one. But if I had to trade any one of my family members or friends to achieve that then I wouldn't do it. So I guess I will keep my wrinkly neck, my plus size, living in Sacramento, my out of date wardrobe, and my old car- and I will be thankful for it all!! Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Camille said...

I am thankful for YOU Mom! And I know a whole lot of other people that are too. Focus on the positive and it is always so clear how blessed we all are. Thank you for being the best mom in the world and teaching me about what is most important in life. I miss you this Thanksgiving!