Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's and 4 Days with Kenzie!

Valentine's was pretty low key for me... Cute candies on my desk from co-workers.... and that was about it ---Or at least it was until I got flowers at work from Ian, Anayansi, Reagan, and Jenna. Tulips are my favorite too!! They are so beautiful- I even brought them home and took them with me to Brooke's since I was going to be gone for 4 days, I wanted to enjoy them completely. How lucky am I?????



So---------- What goes non-stop from sunup to way past sundown, never stops asking why, never ( I mean NEVER) sits still, has a crazy imagination, sings constantly, and has the cutest giggle around? Anyone that knows her knows I am talking about my precious little granddaughter, McKenzie. She is a bundle of love. Brooke, Evan and Brynn went up to Seattle for 4 days. She kept reminding me "It's just you and me, Grandma!" We did puzzles, played games, did crafts, went shopping, went out to lunch, played grocery store, painted ceramics at a craft store, and read a ton of books. We "heart attacked" Brooke and Evan's bedroom (put hearts we made up all over their room) and also made a cake and cupcakes for their homecoming. I am exhausted!!! But it was a blast. I laughed constantly! She is one hilarious kid. I wrote a few things down that she said - so I wouldn't forget.... like-- "Grandma- what is under the street? the earth?", "I think my dad would let me get out of bed" (this was said at 10pm....), When playing grocery store- after she gave me my change back- she said "thank you! Have a nice day!", and a heart breaker when she said "will I be 4 when my mom gets home?" I could go on and on....It was so fun. I love that kid! Now- back to work for a few days ( to get some rest!!). Then I am off to Kansas to see my sister, Patti, and her family, and then Oklahoma for a few days to see my Aunt Rosemary.

We played games


We did puzzles


We went to church


We walked in the rain.


We made hearts.


We went to Chevy's for lunch.


SSSSHHHHHHH!!! Don't tell mom and dad we ate cupcakes in the morning!

2 comments:

David Mills said...

Liz-
Thanks for the nice note. I appreciate the advice from a mom who knows. Haven't we all just appreciate our mom's so much more after we've done it for a while. Looks like a fun Valentine's! I like your new picture too.
I just started on Facebook. Are you on there? It is amazing how fast you find people you know on there. I think you would enjoy it if you're not already. Just thought I'd suggest it.

Thanks again!
Ashley

brooke said...

She never ever stops. Exhausting right? I am so glad that you are able to watch her for us. We appreciate it so much. She loves her time with Grandma. Makes me sad that she thought I had abandoned her until she was 4. :(
We love you.