Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kansas and Oklahoma!



I just got back from a great trip to visit family and walk down memory lane. I saw my sister, Patti, and her family. I saw cousins, and my aunt. I don't get to see them often enough so it was very special to be able to have this time with everyone. Patti is so fortunate to have all of her children within 45 minutes driving distance. They are a beautiful close knit family. They all work hard and help each other with the kids.


Patti and family


Patti and her husband, Larry


I had fun with Leslie's daughter, Gabby


Carrie holding Krissy's son, Nathan


Leslie and her kids, Christian, Gabby and Jeremiah


My niece, Krissy, and her daughter, Hannah


2 of my nieces- Sophie and her big sister, Leslie

After a couple of days, I rented a car and drove down to Oklahoma. My Aunt Rosemary came home from the nursing home to stay at my cousin, Kathie's. Rosemary was my mom's older sister. My mom died over 30 years ago- so it was Rosemary that I went to whenever I needed a mom's advice. She was in great spirits despite her health issues. My cousins, John and Suzanne, showed up for a surprise visit. I also saw Kathie and Ike's youngest daughter, Danielle, and her family. I love being connected to so many people- so many people that I love.


My cousins, John and Suzanne, came down from Wichita to visit with us at our cousins', Kathie and Ike's in Cherokee, OK


Kathie and Ike just celebrated their 43rd wedding anniversary!!!


I loved having time with Rosemary


Danielle and Chad, with their children-Colton, Tabor, Sagelynn and Davin.

Before leaving Oklahoma I took the time to go down to the cemetery where my mom, grandparents and aunt and uncle are. It is a quaint country cemetary. I hadn't been there for 26 years. I also went to see the house that used to be my grandparents' then my dad's house- in Enid. It was a very reflective and spiritual day for me.


Just like something in the movies- a true country cemetery.


These guys are right next to the cemetary.


This is the house that I grew up going to visit my grandparents in- then my dad lived there before he died.

After my visit to Oklahoma I went on back to Patti's for one night. It was such a great visit. I am back to work- getting ready for my next trip in 10 days to go see Ian and his family. I loved seeing my sister, her family, my cousins and my aunt. It makes me sad that we live so far apart. I am so grateful to have such a loving family.


Saying good-by to my sister at the airport.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Liz. Your Grandparents home is so cute! Big yard! You don't see much of that in California anymore. I love you very much and I am happy that you were able to go visit your family!

NCBuys said...

You are so awesome Liz. What a wonderful person you are to take the time to visit with your family and keep so close with everyone. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.