Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday Emotions

I am pretty melancholy this time of year. I want to be with all of my friends and family. Last Christmas I was able to be with Ian, his family, and Cami. This year I will be with Brooke and her family. I am so excited to get past the next 2 days so I can head over there. Cami and Klas will be coming out for a visit in January so I have that to look forward to also.

Last week I saw McKenzie and Brynn. Kenzie is so excited for Christmas. I am adding a cute video of her singing. She loves to sing for her sister.


Brynn is growing so fast. I love getting her to smile- which isn't hard to do!


This past weekend was a crazy busy clean-up, catch-up, Christmas shopping, movie going, church going, friend visiting weekend! My kind of weekend! While at the movies with Marcia and Diana I ran into friends Rick and Tracy. I ended up going to early dinner with them afterwards. It was great to catch up with them. Today after church I went to Bryan and Lisa's for an amazing dinner! They had friends from Texas staying with them, Adam and Meagan. Lisa made this fabulous dish that is actually a Macaroni Grill recipe- of Chicken, pasta, prosciutto, and capers which had a delicious rich sauce on it. I didn't even want to know the calorie count for it!! I love their family so much. It is always entertaining to watch their boys, Ayden and Logan! Lisa even sent me home with leftovers. Most people know I don't eat left overs--- but let's just say that this time I am definitely making an exception. I can't wait for dinner tomorrow night- I know what I am eating!


Ayden loves to draw!


Lisa cooking our wonderful dinner!!


Logan found something to do while his mom was cooking!


Meagan, Adam, Ayden, Bryan, Lisa and Logan.

It is really cold here in Sacramento- but after hearing from my sister in Seattle- they have been snowed in for 3 days! And of course, with Cami in Sweden, I guess I shouldn't complain too much. At least we have more than 2 hours of sunlight a day...
Have a great Christmas week everyone!

No comments: