Sunday, December 14, 2008

End of the year check-up

Every year at the end of the year I have an opportunity to meet with the Bishop of my ward at church. We go over church matters and then he asks how I am doing. He is truly interested in what is going on in my life. I think it is pretty amazing that I am at a point in my life when I can tell him everything is good! The things I feel a need to complain about all of a sudden seem trivial- so I don't. For the most part the things that are tough for me aren't really that tough. I wish I lived closer to my children, other family and friends, I wish I could retire, I wish had more money so I could retire..... but really................... I have my health, I have a good job, I talk to my children on a regular basis, I have wonderful friends, I have 4 precious granddaughters, I have my faith. It has only taken me 50+ years to feel like I am pretty grounded!!! Sure I have regrets but, for the most part, if I could go back I wouldn't. The saying"If I knew then what I know now" couldn't be more applicable!!! I do have to admit-- I told the Bishop I am ready for a new calling. Being Activities Chairperson has been a great challenge. But after a year of planning activities for the ward and for 3 years before that planning events for the Single Adults I feel I have had enough of event planning! However, I also know I should be careful what I wish for! So we'll see what happens. In the meantime, I am grateful for this past year. I am grateful for my blessings.

1 comment:

brooke said...

great post mom! I'm glad you asked for a new calling. You deserve a bit of a break with that stuff...besides this way you won't have to stress about your stuff when you are here. I'm glad you are content with everything. You are such a good example to me and my family. I hope you wouldn't change anything. You did and are doing a wonderful job showing the way.