Monday, April 7, 2008

SF Giants Home Opener!!

It's Spring!! Along with spring comes baseball season! Today was the Home Opener for the San Francisco Giants. I had the pleasure of being invited to go with a good friend, Rick. So I took the day off of work!!!!! (Which is pretty spontaneous for me--something I'm not really known for!) But I am having a serious case of spring fever and workitis.... and they owe me quite a few hours of comp time. So what is a person supposed to to do??? I felt bad that Rick's wife,Tracy, couldn't go.... but then again - lucky for me!! Rick is retired now so work isn't an issue for him any more. I have known Rick and Tracy for over 40+ years- (Tracy's older brother was my first boyfriend!!!) I am so fortunate that they live here in Sacramento.

So we drove to San Francisco for Opening Day at AT&T Park!!! It was a gorgeous day-absolutely beautiful...... It also happened to be the 50th Anniversary of the Giants being a San Francisco team. As guests of honor, they had the surviving members of the 1958 Giants there. Most of the names I didn't know but I did know Orlando Cepeda, Felipe Alou and Willie Mays.

The Giants lost to the San Diego Padres 8-4. But I had a great time. I met Rick's friends that have season tickets next to his- Tony and Marty. They are two older guys that were so hilarious. It was a great day to escape the real world. So thanks Rick for a great day- and great friendship!



Opening Ceremonies.


Very Cool Scoreboard






San Diego Padres Pitcher Greg Maddux pitched his 348th win!! He will be a Hall of Famer!


Rick with his buddies Tony and Marty.

No comments: