Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hi Ya'all!!!

I just got back from a week's visit to Texas! I was in Dallas for a few days and Houston for a few more. I had so much fun! In Dallas I had a blast with Ian and his family. I was able to stay with Reagan and Jenna while Ian and Anayansi got away for a night. My cousin, Grace, came over and we took the girls out to dinner. It was so fun to spend time with Ian and his family. He is working really hard and Anayansi works just as hard keeping the household going while Ian is away at work. Reagan is the best big sister!!! She really watches out for Jenna. She is learning violin now so I got to watch her practice! It was especially fun to see her at her school when we went to pick her up. Jenna is such a character!! She calls Reagan "Sister", she loves to dress up and she twirls in circles when she dances!! Ian and I took the girls to the park one of the days. They are so cute together....


Fun at the park!


We made a trip to the American Girl Doll Store!!


Lunch with Anayansi and Jenna!

The next night was a family gathering at Macaroni Grill. It was so wonderful to see family I hadn't seen in a long time. I was so fortunate that they were in town and available! My Aunt Jo and Uncle Doug look fabulous!! My cousins, Vicki and Roger came with their son, Roger Jr and his adorable family- Annie, Tori and Jilli. And my cousins, Julie and Grace were there too. And then of course, Ian, Anayansi, Reagan, Jenna and me. It is so comforting to see family that I haven't seen in ages- and yet it feels like I had just seen them the day before. And with my cousins I feel like teenagers again.


Getting together for dinner at the Macaroni Grill


With my Aunt Jo and Uncle Doug


First Cousins- Julie, Grace, Me and Vicki


Distant Cousins- Jilli, Reagan, Tori, and Jenna


In Ian's back yard


The weather in Dallas was beautiful. Actually pretty warm but I was OK with that. Then I went to Houston to see my sister, Leigh. Our sister, Patti, came down from Kansas to Houston too. We were missing Sue and John but we managed to have a great time anyhow!! A little shopping and too much eating!!!! Fun to catch up on family news. It makes me sad that we all live so far apart and can't see each other very often. I loved seeing my sisters!

Leigh and Patti

No comments: