Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Sis!!

Birthday season is among us again! One in particular can not go without notice--- My older sister, Leigh, is having a milestone birthday. If anyone in the universe deserves a happy birthday it is Leigh. I have to say I am feeling guilty and sad that I can't be there for her birthday. For reasons too numerous to list I can't get to Houston to be there to celebrate with her. But I am there in spirit and thought with her. Leigh has experienced more than her fair share of bumps in the road. She continues to be an example of what courage and determination can do for you. She never complains, she never gives up. She is so smart. She was a nurse for a long time and moved over to the health  insurance industry. She is now recuperating from a stroke and is making fantastic progress. I am proud she is my big sis and wish her a great year to come.  Happy Birthday Leigh!!!


My sisters, Patti, Leigh, Susie and my brother John at a family gathering in Texas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never fail to tickle me. I am so happy to be part of this family, and I want to say thank you to each and every one of you. You make me proud to be a Schaefer. It is a miracle that we have all done so well and I thank the lord that we have. I love each and every one of you.

brooke said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Leigh!! You havea great bday by the way :) Its been too long since I have seen you and am glad that your recovery is going well. May this next year in life bring you only peace and happiness.

Anayansi said...

Happy belated b-day Aunt Leigh.