Friday, January 4, 2008

Time for another birthday!!!


It's Shannon's birthday!!! I've known Shannon since she was in 3rd grade and lived down the street from us!!! She was the oldest of all the Jackie Ct. gang. She  handled that title well! She and Ian always bantered back and forth for the last word!! She was the ring leader for all the street dance recitals and always had the part of Ms. Hannigan when the girls played "Annie"! When they played Ghost in the Grave Yard she was the one that carried 3 year old Cami around on her hip. I watched her perform in Donlon Talent Shows, dance routines for Harvest Park, and cheerlead for Foothill. But one of the best memories I have of Shannon is how she was there for me to watch the girls one night(when Ian was spending the night out) and  I was working a second job. I came home late at night crying and exhausted-she wouldn't let me pay her. She said it was for family and you don't pay family. That was almost 20 years ago and I still remember how sweet she was.  She grew up to be a beautiful woman. She is my mortgage broker! So if anyone else out there needs a mortgage loan let me know and I will hook you up! Happy Birthday Mrs. Becker ! You're the best!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! You have no idea what this means to me Liz. Let's put it this way, I'm still wiping the tears from my eyes as I'm writing you this comment. Thank you so much for taking the time to not only write about me but also for all the incredibly sweet things that you had to say. It deeply touched my heart. You are such an amazing woman Elizabeth Roberts. I love you more than you will ever know.
Thank you!!

Sincerely,
~Shanny

Shannon said...

...Cute picture by the way :)
I love it.

Probative said...

Three Cheers for Shannon.