Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Barb!


This blog is actually a few days late!!!!! I wanted to post a tribute to my dear dear friend, Barb, for her birthday.... Well, circumstances were such that I couldn't get to the computer. Then when I did,  I couldn't find a recent picture of Barb. So I finally copied this one from Summer's blog- I hope that's OK  Summer! Barb and I have been friends since I moved to Pleasanton in 1985. I remember being her Visiting Teacher and thinking it would be great to be her friend, not just her VT. Well, eventually that happened. As the years went by we became better friends. I had the opportunity to be an advisor in  Young Women's Organization when she was the YW President. We had such a fabulous group of leaders at that time. It was my favorite calling that I ever had! Then I worked with her as the Secretary of Stake YW when she was the Stake YW President.  Our monthly meetings with Barb, Kathy, Christy and me at Sweet Tomatoes went on for hours!!!! We even managed to get some work done during those meetings! 


Well, callings change and  people move...... so now Barb is in San Diego and I'm in Sacramento. But I still consider her one of my closest friends. I can go for quite awhile without talking to her then when I do it was like I talked to her yesterday! She is so fun! She has a beautiful family and like mine- her kids are all spread out.  She is one of the most non-judgemental people I know. Her attention to detail is phenomenal. She has such a way about her that makes one feel that they are so special.  So, Barb, sorry this is a little late! But I wish you a great year to come. I can't wait to see you soon!!!


No comments: