Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Millars have left California!

I'm home tonight after being in Washington for 4 days. Brooke, Evan, McKenzie and Brynn have moved to Redmond, WA. They bought a beautiful new home there. The cool thing for me is that it is a mile away from my sister's house! I will now get so see a lot more of her and her family which will be a great thing.

We unpacked for hours..... and took turns with the kids. I did get some one on one time with Sue and Pete so that was nice too. Susie is am amazing cook and she cooked us a great dinner one night. The area is so beautiful there, and the weather was great! It rained some but then the sun came out. So many times Brooke would get a warning about the weather... take vitamin D, get exercise, prepare to get depressed. Well- they DID do their homework before they moved there and it is pretty common knowledge anyhow about the weather up there. So I don't think they will be surprised.

So I am starting a new chapter in my life. I now officially have no children living in this state any longer. It is not going to be an easy transition for me..... It is going to be a challenge because I have become pretty dependent on being able to see Brooke and her family on a regular basis. I will still see them, of course. Just not every other weekend. I have a feeling I will be earning my Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Free tickets a lot faster now.












1 comment:

brooke said...

very cute! I am just now sitting down at the computer to check blogs and catch up on the internet. :) Thanks for this sweet post and thanks again for coming to help. I am not sure how we will survive without you either mom. I just hope you do figure out a way to move up here someday. We love you and miss you grandma/mom!