Sunday, October 4, 2009

Brooke's Marathon Weekend

While Brooke and Evan were in Utah I stayed with McKenzie and Brynn. After such a crazy weekend I am reminded that I am not a young mom anymore! I did manage to play doctor, store, school, family, went for walks, went to the park, went shopping, sang songs, did dances, built train tracks, colored pictures, made meals and snacks, gave baths, painted banners, and laughed and laughed. How I raised three children on my own I have no idea! The only thing I can think of is I was 30 years younger!! I am not complaining- just making an observation. I love any opportunity I get to be with my granddaughters. I wish so much I was closer to Ian's family so that I could spend more time with Reagan and Jenna too. Being with the little ones gives me purpose. There is such an unconditional love that a grandparent has. Just like being a parent but also different.

Brooke has so much to be proud of -- she not only completed the St. George Marathon, she did it in 3 hrs and 45 minutes! Unbelievable. She has such determination! She set a goal 4 months ago to complete this race. Truthfully- I don't think our bodies are meant to run 26.2 miles. But what do I know? I wish I could have been at the finish line to cheer her on but I was happy to be home with the kids.

I always like to have something to look forward to. Now that Cami's wedding is over, and Brooke has run her marathon--- I will look to the holidays. In the meantime -- Life will settle down some. Work..... Autumn...... The cycle of life continues.


McKenzie playing with Play Dough


Brynn at the McDonald's playground


McKenzie doing her workbook pages for "school"


Where's Brynn????????




These are the banners McKenzie painted for her mom. (I wrote the words on the paper and she painted them!)


Brooke crossing the finish line!!!

2 comments:

brooke said...

I could not have completed that goal without you mom!! You are the best. I know the girls had a blast. Looks like you had some fun dance parties. I love how much you love my children. I wish I could give you some award for being a the best mom and grandma ever! Thanks again for taking the time to watch them so I could run that. Wish you could have been at the finish line to cry with me...you were in spirit!

Anayansi said...

liz, you are more than welcome to come down and watch the girls so ian and i can go on a mini trip. after sweden and paris, i am ready for another one. :)

brynn's laugh is so cute! i can't believe brooke. she is just so amazing. i get winded walking up the stairs. i can't imagine running a marathon. wait to go brooke!