Sunday, August 9, 2009

McKenzie's birthday party and Countdown begins!!!!

It was so fun to watch McKenzie at her birthday party- soaking up the attention one minute and then shy the next. She had family and friends there to share with her all the excitement. I know she had fun with her friends and cousins. Usually she is there with me 100 %. But that day- she was so involved with the kids. She had been waiting for the day forever, and I don't think she was disappointed! She loved the pinata, the cake, the presents, playing dress up with Elyette, and playing basketball with her Uncle Sam. Brynn had fun with everyone too. She loves her new found freedom with walking so she had fun walking around to everyone. Fun party --- fun day!


The kids at the party!


Taking a swing at the soccer ball pinata!


Playing dress up with her cousin- she's wearing the tutu, wings and hairband her Aunt Maegan made her.

And the Countdown begins!!!!!! Next weekend is the beginning of the long anticipated trip to Sweden for Cami and Klas's wedding. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I have anxiety over getting all my work done before I go so I will be working longer hours this week. I have anxiety over the strike at work- we are still waiting for the Union to either strike or settle the contract negotiations. If they go out on strike while I am in Sweden I am expected to cut my trip short and be home 5 days earlier than planned. I have anxiety over packing and not forgetting anything yet keeping my suitcase under 50 lbs! I have anxiety over being cooped up in an airplane at 30,000 ft in the sky, flying over the ocean and having claustrophobia!!! Yet I am willing to endure the anxieties because I am going to a beautiful country to see my youngest child get married in a 500 year old church in the Swedish countryside to the man of her dreams! It is going to be one exciting adventure.


The happy couple!



The church where we will all be on August 22.

2 comments:

English1 said...

Liz, I will likely not see you before you go, but wish you the best in every way possible as you embark on this meaningful (wedding) and fun (you already know you'll have a blast!)adventure! Like everything you do in life, you will embrace it all with love and your unparalleled good humor and zest for life! I will be checking for blog updates while you are gone and hope you do not end up on strike.

Take care and much happiness to the soon-to-be-marrieds!

Dorene

Camille said...

You have way too many anxieties. Sit back and enjoy the ride Mother-of-the-bride!!!