Monday, August 10, 2009

CWA District 9 Reaches Tentative Agreement with AT&T West

One anxiety down!!!!!!!!!! I got a text at 5:42 am today with the good news that the contract negotiations have been successful! It has to be voted on for ratification on Sept 1st. I am not worried- and at least now I know I can take my trip and not have to come home early!! Everyone at work was so happy today. It was nice that everyone was telling me how happy they were that I can go on vacation with no worries of the strike. The union members will get their raises but now have to pay for health care plans. I haven't had a raise in 3 years (and have always paid for my health care plan)--- the joys of management. But today I am not thinking of that. I am just thrilled to be able to go on my vacation for the full 2 weeks. Now, if I can just get over my claustrophobia.............

P.S. I won the office pool betting there would be no strike at all- I said they would negotiate without striking. Everyone else had picked a day they thought the strike would happen. WHAT DID I WIN??? Lunch!!! So when I get back from vacation- we will all go out to lunch and I don't have to pay! Yippee!!

No comments: