Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Stay Healthy!

I have had a busy week this week. Work is demanding and I am still working on the Ward Family Christmas Party that is this weekend. The only days off from work I have left for this year will be my days I will be in Texas for Christmas with Ian and his family. I can't wait for that!!! But this week has also been really hard for Brooke and McKenzie. They are both sick with terrible colds. I want to go and play mom and grandma and take care of them but I can't..... It's a 2 hour drive and I have to be at work and I have to get this party taken care of. I have been in charge of big parties at church a lot with the Single Adult Program so I am used to the pressure. But the buck stops with me so I have to be here to deal with it all. So, I'm sorry Brooke and Kenz! Not that Brooke would even expect me to be there --- but if I could I would. When does one stop being a mom????? Apparently never!!!!!!! At least not for me! I still think I have the power to make things all better like when the kids were little! I know that truly isn't the case but I still like to think so! I really expected to be sick by now since I was with them this past weekend but I'm not! I have been taking Airborne and other vitamins and washing my hands every 20 minutes. So far so good! There are no guarantees, however- Brooke is more careful about germs than anyone I know.  Nevertheless--- as we all go out into the craziness of the holidays-- be careful! I will try to practice what I preach- "get your sleep, eat smart, wash your hands!"

I thought I would add something worthwhile in this blog! Here are some fun pics--   
  Evan and Brooke on their way to the Google Christmas Party!

                     Kenzie telling Grandma good by....                                                                                                     
                            Cami enjoying fall in NYC!



                                            

No comments: