Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Weekend


I had a great time with Chris and Bill last night going to dinner at the Cosmo Cafe and then seeing "Suds". It was a late celebration for both of their birthdays! They were great to drive out to Sacramento to see me. But then again- I had to book that day with them almost 2 months ago!! They are sooo busy. The play was fun- all music from the early 60's.

Chris and Bill just before the show was to begin.

Sundays are usually very busy for me. I stay busy with church, friends, talking on the phone to my family. Maybe even a church meeting. Today was more quiet than usual. I went to church but only the first hour. I have had a headache for about 3 days and can't seem to kick it so I came home to take a nap. I never made it to nap time but I was able to take it easy. Finally, I knew I needed to do something productive so I planted some flowers I had bought yesterday and put them on my front porch. I am in the process of redoing that area. It desperately needs some color! There is more to come- hopefully next weekend I can put some more out there.


I was able to talk to Cami this morning on Skype and Leigh this afternoon. Everyone else is out and about so didn't get the usual phone visits in. So my provoking thought for tonight is "Am I really in such a hurry to retire????" Not really I guess. If I were totally financially independent than maybe I would think differently! (Lynn- when ARE we going to win the Lotto????) But since I am not, I think about how I might get bored if I did't have work to get up and go to. Because to do much else- takes money!! With working- time is an issue too. Which is mainly what I want so that I can travel to see everyone. But I can't always be traveling- so going to work isn't all that bad most of time. I just wish I could work 10-2 and make the same money!!! Actually things at work aren't all that great these days. AT&T has made it pretty obvious that they want to get rid of their California employees. Tomorrow we find out which 2 people in our group is getting a notice of being let go (with severance). There will be more cuts next year. So it is only a matter of time. In the meantime- I am grateful for my friends at work- and that I have a job to pay for my travels!!

Here is my manager, Debbi, with her daughter and grandson. She brought them in to show us all Britton's new cast on his broken arm! We truly are like family at work.

No comments: