Monday, May 11, 2009

Lake Tahoe!


Brooke, Evan, McKenzie and Brynn in front of the condo in Tahoe.

So.... I slowly came back from the depths of "The Dark World of the Flu". I am still dealing with the after effects- terrible cough and headache. But compared to how I felt I am doing so much better! In fact I was up to a weekend away with Brooke, Evan and the girls! We went to Tahoe for 2 nights and 3 days- it was FABULOUS!! My sister, Susie, and her husband were generous enough to offer their condo in Tahoe for the weekend. It was so fun! The town was really quiet- no more skiing and summer isn't here yet- so it is is their down time. The pool was still closed- and it was too cool to think about it anyhow. But we managed to get in a great competition of miniature golf, a great dinner out, some long walks, great ice cream treats, and best of all some fun family together time. We even made friends with the local blue jays and got them to eat our treats out on the balcony deck- with us sitting 2 feet away inside the sliding glass doors! McKenzie loved that! I feel so fortunate to live where I can get to the mountains and beautiful Lake Tahoe within 2 hours. Thanks to Susie and Pete for the wonderful place to stay!


1 comment:

NCBuys said...

I think it's so special that you make the effort to spend so much time with your children. I hope you feel all the way better soon!