Sunday, May 31, 2009

Family Pictures

I had a great weekend- being home and catching up on things. I worked in my garden- planting new plants, worked on some craft stuff, read a lot, and then I started scanning pictures... I have a gazillion pictures that are not digital. Some day I will have all these pictures organized, One of my fears is that I will die before the pictures are organized and my kids won't know what to do with them all! I keep finding pictures that I want to share... I know they get annoyed when I send them a pictures to share (that they have already seen many times!). Now to further the situation I want to share them with all my friends and family that take the time to read this site... The older I get the more important my genealogy becomes. The church is big on genealogy and I have known that for years and years. Maybe now that my kids are grown I have more time to think about it. In any event- if it weren't for our ancestors we would not be here!! I Iove these pictures that follow! So indulge me......



My grandfather on my mom's side- Miles Maxwell, during World War I


My grandparents, Miles and Evelyn Maxwell, right after they were married around 1915.


My dad, John Jr., as a baby with his dad, John, 1925


My parents with my dad's mom, Sophia, about 1946


My dad as a young Navy Ensign in his 20's


My mom, Jane, in her late 20's


Me when I was 3!

5 comments:

Anayansi said...

liz, i love the pictures! i would love copies of all of them!

Rachel said...

I love family heritage pictures! I have hundreds from my grandma Crockett and I had the best time listening to her stories about each one. Now, I can look at them and relive her life with her stories swimming around in my head. They're the best.

Good for you, getting them all scanned in. Then your kids can each have copies and enjoy them for generations too. Family History is so much fun when you can see the people you're learning about.

btw -- I think you look a lot like your dad. :)

Camille said...

So fun Mom! I never get sick of looking at these. Especially the picture of Grandma Jane. She was so beautiful. Wish I could have met her. Love you!

NCBuys said...

Awesome pictures Liz. What wonderful treasures.

Probative said...

Thanks for posting these Mom.